Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Featured web hosting companies Article

Another short web hosting companies review

This only means one thing. It is easier now to find the right web host for your application. The possibility of quality web hosting companies separating themselves from the rest of the industry is anticipated. If this is done, the unprofessional and incompetent ones will suffer.

myLittleAdmin for MS SQL Server 2005 from a Webhosting Perspective

Thu, 03 Apr 2008 10:58:27 GMT
If there's one thing constant in the IT and hosting industries, it's that technology is constantly changing and evolving. For me, keeping up with it all has been nothing short of a challenge. When Microsoft SQL Server 2005 came out towards the end of 2005, I pushed it to the side. It was just another thing I didn't have time to learn. But as my customers started asking for it, I realized I had to bite the bullet and get it installed.

Web24.com.au Connectivity Issue Right Now?

Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:36:25 +1100

There seems to be some connectivity issue with regarding to my VPS at Web24 (profiled at VPS AU here) right now. For my websites hosted there, the heading will load, and then part of the content, and then the browser will just stall there trying to fetch the rest of the page but they never arrive.





Web24 is coloc at Fujitsu data centre in Melbourne, and a quite traceroute check with mtr shows around 20-40% packet loss at Fujitsu data centre.




$ mtr -r www.web24.com.au
HOST: localhost Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
1. 192.168.1.xxx 0.0% 30 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.7 0.1
...
7. 0.so-0-2-0.XT1.SYD2.ALTER.NE 3.3% 30 19.2 22.4 17.6 73.6 11.2
8. so-0-2-0.XR2.MEL1.ALTER.NET 0.0% 30 29.0 34.2 28.3 125.5 17.6
9. 411.AT-6-0-0.GW4.MEL1.ALTER. 0.0% 30 87.0 35.5 29.2 104.3 16.6
10. fuji865-mel-gw.aspac.custome 13.3% 30 32.9 50.6 31.5 231.3 47.9
11. v13.csr02.nobp01.fujitsu.com 10.0% 30 33.9 34.0 31.6 38.9 1.8
12. 216.14.207.85 23.3% 30 35.6 37.0 32.0 50.1 5.0
13. 203.16.60.201 23.3% 30 34.2 35.3 33.3 38.9 1.4
14. www.web24.com.au 23.3% 30 35.0 35.3 32.3 43.2 2.5


I have posted the same issue on Whirlpool Forums and so far we have got no response from the provider. Web24.com.au and their HSPcomplete panel are hosted inside the same network thus neither are working at the moment. I can’t even get onto the support page to get the contact details (lucky there is Google cache).



Not happy Jen. Have to wait and see… Maybe it is a sign that I need to go to sleep now :)



Update 9AM AEST 27 Feb



I got a reply back from Web24 support this morning detailing the communication between Web24, Fujitsu and their up stream providers. Great job! Some paraphrased details:




  • Packet loss issue identified at 10:15pm on 26 February, and later found out it was an upstream router issue.

  • Web24 has been working with Fujitsu and Verizon in identifying and resolving the issue, and by 1:18am 27 February, the main web24 site failed over to US network (very good idea).

  • All the traffic are routing through secondary links by 4:45am, and still waiting for feedbacks on primary provider.



Pingdom still reports my site was down until around 8:20am. This is the graph generated from Cacti:



Web24/Fujitsu Network issue



Note that the network does not appear to be down from 10pm onwards because the querying packets are small enough to get through. I guess network connectivity is going to be patchy this morning.





Once you know that you are running Red Hat for example, you can get to the point with:

The WHIR TV team has done a lot of great coverage for Web Hosting Day 2008. I thought I would share some of the content with you since you, much like myself probably were not able to attend the event.

web hosting companies Items For Viewing




I needed to change my web hosting service. I also have several clients that will
need web hosting services in the near future. I made the decision to research
the ideal company for my needs and my client�s needs. Using the Internet I
checked on many web hosting services, looking closely at the ratings by current
and former users. My investigation led me to LunarPages.com.



All of my research showed that LunarPages.com offered the options that I needed
at an affordable price. Everyone, including the LunarPages website, said that
they offered exceptional service and support. I made my decision and began the
task of setting up my new LunarPages hosting service with the options that I
needed. I also began transferring my current business website and two
recreational websites over to the new service. Because I didn't plan it better,
I made some mistakes that caused problems with my service. Frustrated, I began
communicating with the LunarPages support staff via their support ticket email
service. What I found was surprising.



Not only did the LunarPages staff offer fast response time, but they truly knew
what they were doing and could assist me in solving my problems. The problems
weren't easy, and my lack of experience in using a web hosting service didn't
help things, but the LunarPages staff worked through it and within a short
period of time they had everything running smoothly. They were also able to
direct me to several well written white papers that detailed the tasks I was
working with. Those papers were written in simple, easy to understand language,
and yet contained all of the information that I needed to get the job done. In
short, LunarPages.com and it�s staff have made a believer out of me. I have over
25 years of experience working in the micro computer industry. I have dealt with
many different companies, trying to solve many different problems.
LunarPages.com rates at the top of my list for a satisfying experience.




Click Here to go to Lunar Pages
website.



We have been very thorough in providing as much information on web hosting companies as possible in this article. Please use it to make our efforts fruitful.We have been very thorough in providing as much information on web hosting companies as possible in this article. Please use it to make our efforts fruitful.
#







Handango Inc.
Sample Test Question


host gator cpanel
host gator cupon
host gator dedicated
| | |

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home